The Protected Property contains mainly mixed grasses and herbaceous vegetation and is surrounded by medium density residential property. A parcel of agricultural open space, protected by a Deed to Development Rights is located immediately northwest of the Protected Property.
Based on the examination of historic aerial photography, it appears that the Protected Property has been used for open space and/or agricultural purposes since at least 1939. Periodic aerial photography from 1952, 1962, 1972 and the present show the Protected Property in an open state with no shrub or forest vegetation present similar to conditions today.
Conservation Easement given by Deborah E. Wiley on December 28, 2009.
December 28, 2009
open space, wildlife habitat, scenic vista