The Protected Property is located in Little Compton. The Protected Property contains mainly mixed grasses and herbaceous vegetation bisected by stone walls and woody hedgerows. The Protected Property sits within a small complex of field habitat set within a much larger area of primarily upland, deciduous forest. To the west is an unnamed stream corridor surrounded by wetland forest.
Based on the examination of historic aerial photography, it appears that the Protected Property has a long history of agricultural use, dating back to at least 1939. Periodic aerial photography from 1952, 1962, and 1972 show a similar use for pasture or hay as can be found today.
Conservation Easement given by Robert M. Wax & Elizabeth P. Wax on December 31, 2012.
December 31, 2012
wildlife habitat, meadow land, woodlands